CityLight Sports is a faith-based recreational sports program that promotes character and value in every child by providing equal playing time, a positive and supportive coaching staff, and a fun and competitive sport environment that emphasizes skill development, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
CityLight Sports is a ministry of Walnut Creek Church. All games and practices will be held at Mitchell Early Learning Center (111 Porter Ave, Des Moines, IA 50315).
The league cost is kept intentionally low so we can offer it to as many people as possible. If the cost is prohibitive for your family, contact CityLight Sports Director Jon Schreiner for a potential scholarship at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should you expect from CityLight Sports?
- Our soccer league is coached and run almost entirely by volunteers who give their time because they care about the children on each team.
- Games and practices will happen during your scheduled 1.5 hour time slot. There will no longer be practices on weekdays making the league more accessible to people with busy schedules.
- We will do our part to keep your child safe. Two important safety measures we have put in place are that all coaches must pass a background check and are also required to complete a sexual abuse awareness training.
- Your family will be invited to different events happening at Walnut Creek Church throughout the season. For those without a church home, we would love for you to join us for a weekend service on a Saturday or Sunday!
- To end the season, we will have a fun and engaging closing celebration.
- Come be a part of this growing, positive, and fun sports league!