welcome to citylight sports
For more information about specific sports follow these links:
basketballsummer soccerfall soccercheerleadingbasketball camps
CityLight Sports is a faith-based sports program which promotes character and self-esteem in every child by providing equal playing time, a positive and supportive coaching staff, and a fun sport environment that emphasizes skill development, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
Unique aspects of CityLight Sports include an skill assessment system that promotes equal and competitive teams as well as a substitution system which allows for equal playing time for all participants. Through CityLight Sports, children are exposed to quality coaching and sport development.
CityLight Sports is sponsored and hosted by Walnut Creek Church.
The majority of the leagues participants are from Des Moines, West Des Moines, Johnston, Urbandale and the surrounding area.
all skill levels are welcome
Our drafting system allows for the seasoned veteran and also the first timer. Teams are divided equally so games are fun and competitive for all participants.
providing a positive sports experience
Sports are a great way for children to learn about teamwork, respect for authority and sportsmanship. The sad part is all those things are being lost in today’s sporting society. With CityLight Sports, these key essentials are included to create the best sporting experience for every child that participates.
promoting character and self-esteem in every child
- Providing an evaluation system that promotes equal teams and opportunities
- Establishing a one-hour practice and game each week
- Implementing a substitution system for each team, allowing every child equal playing time
- Creating the opportunity for every child to learn the skills of the game
- The emphasis is placed on fundamentals, playing hard, teamwork, and having fun, not the scoreboard and standings.
Come be apart of a growing, positive, and fun sports league!